April 19, 2012 (Board)

Fort Livingston-Pelly Heritage Guild lnc.

Board of Directors Meeting

Thursday, April 19, 2012

7:30 p.m. Pelly Lion’s Den



Welcome and opening remarks.

Present: Rick Kurtz, Peter Negraeff, Jack Henderson, Victoria and Adrian Makohoniuk, Sylvia Hornibrook and Sandra Andrusiak


Guest: Lacey Petryshyn from "Sew Unique" did not show.


  1. Minutes from the March 15, 2012 meeting were circulated. Sandra Andrusiak made a motion the minutes be accepted as presented, Sylvia Hornibrook seconded; carried.
  2. Correspondence:
    1.  Information Services Corporation of Saskatchewan stating they received and files the annual return.
    2. Heritage Saskatchewan sent the receipt for your membership.
    3. Canada Revenue Agency thanking us for filing the Registered Charity information Return.
    4. Information Services Corporation of Saskatchewan stating the corporation`s financial statement for the fiscal year ending November 30, 201 has been filed.
    5. Heritage Canada sent the receipt for our membership and thanked us.
    6. Affinity Credit Union congratulating us for being the designated group to receive $200.00 from each Sharon Nelson and Linda Yaremko from the Affinity Community spirit fund.
    7. Canada Revenue Agency introducing Charity Quick View.
    8. Heritage Magazine
  3. Treasurer’s Report: Sandra Andrusiak presented a verbal financial report of $5,191.23 and moved her report be accepted as presented. Jack Henderson seconded. Carried
  4. Old Business:
    1.  Fort Livingstone signs - Lyla Vanin was not present to report on this.
    2.  Fort Pelly Road signs - Rick Kurtz has not heard from Ken Krawetz.
    3.  Fort Pelly grass cutting contract-received Email from Flow Miller stating she was hoping to have the information out by the end of April.
    4. Flags - Peter Negraeff was able to get 2 Canadian Flags which he gave to John Debolt who had Eugene Andrusiak help him put them up. Peter Negraeff will look into getting 2 Saskatchewan flags. It was suggested that the Centennial flag be taken down due to damage and possibly have it displayed somewhere in the community.
    5. Fort Livingstone Road maintenance - no response from Krawetz.
    6. Red River Cart:
      1.  Donations - $1,400.00 has been received. $500.00 from Pelly Lions, $250.00 from each Garry and Troy Moroz and $200.00 each from Sharon Nelson and Linda Yaremko
      2. Fundraising - Darrell Nelson and Toy Moroz are donating seed to us that Kyle Korneychuk will be purchasing from us. Hoping for a donation from the Centennial committee. Possible Steak Night or entire Pork Roast.
      3.  Site location may be south of the Post Office.
      4.  We will need to look into purchasing a canvass roof, something to protect it.
      5. We will need to have a sign painted to put up beside it.
    7. Parades:
      1.  Sturgis is June 30 at 11 a.m.
      2. Preeceville is July 7
      3.  Norquay is July 28 at 10 a.m.
      4. Stenen is August4
  5. It was noted that the cart would not be ready until the middle of July. Rick Kurtz stated he would call to see if it could be ready sooner. Need to contact Lloyd Smith about his horses pulling the cart and also transporting it.
  6. 8. T-shirts:
    1. - Are golf style
    2.  $40.00 set up fee is required. Adrian Makohoniuk made a motion we pay the setup fee to Lacy Petryshyn, Jack Henderson seconded; carried.
    3.  Rick Kurtz stated he would call her.Possibly be a promotion item with a $100.00 membership fee.
  7. Sandra Andrusiak brought forward the concern regarding meetings every month. It was stated that whoever is able to attend was fine as long as we have a quorum.
  8. New Business:
    1. - Long range 3-5 years from now. Eg. Replicas of forts within the Village.
    2.  Naming road to Fort Pelly (Fort Pelly Road). Victoria Makohoniuk will check on the cost from the R.M. of St. Philips. She is to put in a proposal to the R.M. requesting this.


Adrian Makohoniuk adjourned the meeting


Next meeting is May 17, 2012 at 7:30 p.m. in the Lions Den.

© Rick Kurtz 2011